Earlier today I was reading a post on a delicious Mac N Cheese Pot Pie. Somehow, that led me to really being hungry for burgers (I’m still working on that connection, too). And then I really wanted bacon. But that wasn’t enough – I craved cheese – specifically Gorgonzola.
So I thought, Hey, why don’t I just put all of those things together on a big ‘ol meat patty? So I did. And it was glorious.
Bacon Infused Gorgonzola Burger
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 crushed and sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 package of Bacon
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Place bacon on baking rack and broil on HI for 10 minutes (you want it cooked, but not super crunchy). Once the bacon is cooked, remove from oven, lightly press with paper towel to remove excess grease, and chop into tiny pieces.
- Place meat in a bowl, and add pepper, salt, bacon, and garlic. Don’t be afraid to really mix it up and get your hands dirty!
- Make patties about the size of your palm, and make them about an 1/4″ thick. Place on grill on HI for about 5 minutes on each side, or until middle is no longer pink.
- In a saucepan, turn heat on HI and heat olive oil until you see it start to simmer. Add sliced onions and turn heat down to medium-low. Constantly move onions around pan. They will cook for about 10 minutes. Add oil as needed.
- Take your cooked patty, place on buns with your caramelized onions and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
Add any desired dressings, like mustard and ketchup, though you’ll find this burger already has a lot of taste without those!