I am a huge sucker for any meal that will take me less than 25 minutes to cook.
Typically, I plan what I’m going to cook for dinner at least three days ahead; however, I got lazy this weekend and didn’t plan for anything.
Luckily, I had chicken thawed out so I knew that was going to be the base of what I planned my meal around. If you know me, you know I love anything spicy, and I love me some cheesy quesadilla’s. To make dinner filling, I made some cheesy chicken quesadilla’s.
Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 tortillas
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 8 oz package of Mexican 4 Cheese
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 6 oz can of Tomato Paste
- 1 oz can of Black Beans
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce (omit if you don’t like anything spicy!)
- Cut chicken breast into 1/2″ strips. Place in broiler on High for 5-7 minutes (or until chicken is no longer pink in middle).
- In a Dutch oven, sauté the chopped onion in Olive Oil until it is translucent and soft (roughly 8 minutes). Halfway through the sauté process, add your garlic. Make sure garlic does not brown.
- Add tomato paste and equal amount of water to pot. Bring to a boil, simmer, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Take cooked chicken and throw it through the food processor for a quick shred.
- Add shredded chicken to pot. Mix in black beans and Sriracha sauce.
- Place mixture on top of your tortillas, and sprinkle desire amount of shredded cheese over mixture. Fold tortilla over and press down.
- Place in oven at 400 for 5-8 minutes (until tortilla is golden).
Add some sour cream or guacamole to the top of your quesadilla for a little extra taste! Serve Warm, and enjoy!